What is Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga?
The name of Ardha Matsyendrasana is known by the name of the great Yogi Matsyendranath. It is not easy to do this in the initial race, so sadhaks do it by making changes. That’s why it has been changed. The modified form is called Ardhamatsyendrasana. Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga has many important benefits, but one of the special benefits is preventing diabetes. That is why it has been called a panacea for the prevention of diabetes. It is not easy to do this in the initial race, so sadhaks do it by making changes. That’s why it has been changed. The modified form is called Ardhamatsyendrasana. Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga has many important benefits, but one of the special benefits is preventing diabetes. That is why it has been called a panacea for the prevention of diabetes.
If you want to explore and learn more about yoga poses, you can join the 3 Days Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh, India.
Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga Method –
The simple method of Ardha Matsyendrasana yoga is explained here.
- Sit on the ground
- Now extend both legs forward.
- Bend the left leg in such a way that the heel is touching the edge of the hip.
- Keep the right foot on the ground near the left knee.
- Place the left arm over the right knee and hold the toes of the right foot with the left hand.
- Take the right arm from the side of the waist and take it behind the back and try to touch the navel from behind.
- And after that turn your head to the right and try to look back.
- When you look back, watch as you exhale.
- Make the posture according to you.
- It happened half a cycle.
- Repeat the same action on the other side.
- Now a cycle has happened.
- Do three to five cycles in this way.
Benefits of Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga –
Although Ardha Matsyendrasana yoga has many benefits, here some of its important benefits are being told.
Panacea for diabetes: By doing Ardha Matsyendrasana yoga, you can control diabetes to a great extent. Along with keeping the pancreas healthy, this asana helps in the production of insulin and plays an important role in the prevention of diabetes.
To reduce obesity: If you are troubled by your belly fat and want to reduce it, then definitely practice this asana. While practicing this asana, if it is maintained for some time, then there is good success in melting belly fat.
Makes the spine flexible: It strengthens the spine and back muscles and makes them flexible.
Beneficial for kidneys: By its practice, you can keep your kidneys healthy.
Adrenal gland: This is a very beneficial yoga practice for the adrenal gland.
Liver and Spleen: It keeps the liver and spleen healthy.
Prevents Constipation: Helps in the secretion of various juices of the stomach, corrects digestion, and relieves problems like constipation.
Beneficial for asthma patients: Its practice brings a lot of stretch in the lungs and is effective in providing relief to asthma patients.
Sloping shoulders: With regular practice, sloping shoulders and twisted back can be cured.
Strengthens the shoulders: It strengthens the shoulders, hips, and neck.
Caution of Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga –
- Pregnant women should not practice this asana.
- Avoid practicing this asana due to excessive knee problems.
- Do this carefully if there is a pain in the neck.